This venue?! Or that venue?! This date or that date?! $$$$$$$$. Omg.
I wish I could win one of those wedding show thingymajiggys where the celebrity wedding planners just plan the wedding for you. So many decisions to make! DISLIKE!
At least.. I'm making some sort of progress.
What I'm working on now:
- booking our venue! (I've been stressing over this for the last 3 weeks. Every venue is just.. soooo over my budget! Really hoping that this venue in Carlsbad works out for me.) (http://thecrossingsatcarlsbad.com/) <-- *crosses fingers, I'll be checking it out this weekend with my mom & hopefully my sister since Allen's in New York =(
- our guest list.. it's looking like we'll be inviting roughly 125-150 people. YIKES!!!! >.<
- our wedding party. Allen's pretty much done asking his groomsmen and I'm pretty close to finishing the final questions with my bridal party :] I have to be quiet honest though, it has been one heck of a hard decision. I mean I've moved over 10 times and have friends from all over.. who the HECK do I ask? Most of my friends are really distant from me now. I may have known them for over a decade but.. they just aren't on the same page as me. Makes me sad. But I am really grateful that my sister & a few friends put it into perspective for me.. "The people you ask should be the people you want to celebrate the most important day of your life with".. not people I feel obligated to... not people who pretend to be close to me.. or people who come and go in my life.. It should be the people who phone/text bombed me as soon as they found out.... who screamed with joy to share the moment with me.. who practically cried with me! ::sigh:: Makes me feel a lot better =].
- our photographer. BEYOND excited about my photographer!!!!!! I've asked Mel (labellemel) a good friend & a fellow Youtube/Blogger guru to do the honor of being Allen and I's photographer which she 100% didn't even hesitate with!! I'm soooooooooooo excited and thrilled that she'll be with me on my wedding day!!! It gives me so much peace of mind since she's someone I know and trust! Her photos by the way are just jaw dropping. Eeeeeeee!! Can't wait! HOpefully she can come a little early so she can partyyyyy heartyyyyy with us!! (RIGHT MEL!?!?!?)
I know you girls recognize her!! =]
- centerpieces. So I recently ordered 20 manzanita trees. I saw a few centerpieces online and was completely obsessed with them. Lol didn't even discuss it with anyone.. Hopefully they turn out well! It'll look similar to the one below except I'm gonna use trees that are a bit bigger, with white silk flowers that somewhat look like cherry blossoms! I plan to paint the middles of the flowers yellow so that they could incorporate my wedding colors!! (Grey, yellow & white). Of course lots of jewels, candles & instead of a vase, I'm probably going to put it in a very articulate wooden box. I'll probably paint the box grey with maybe a white or yellow ribbon? Thinking of putting stones on the bottom too since our venue is actually made of stone & wood! Not sure yet though =] WE'll SEEEEEEeeee!!
more manzanita centerpieces I'm in loveeeee with!!
Kind of like these two!!!!! Except white & yellow!! Don't you love it?! IIIIII LOveeeee itt <3
These are the flowers I wan't to put on the treeeeeee!! Holy cow.. it's going to be so much work though. It would be awesome if I could just get a craft party together to help!
- wedding colors. definitely DEFINITELY grey, yellow & white!! The colors represent Allen & I to the Tee!!
It brings such a modern/ chic feel to it right?!
I LOVEEE it!!
I love the idea that the girls are wearing yellow shoes! I was thinking yellow TOMS!! Since I loveeeeeeeeee toms! =] But we'll see.. Pumps are definitely cute. I just suck at wearing them! LOL.
Such a tomboy. ::sigh:: how did I ever become a Youtube guru?!?! 0_o I have no idea. lol.
- bridesmaids dresses!! I have my eye on a few!! What do you girls think?
I like this color grey and definitely love the pockets on this dress! Even the length! I'm thinking for my sister (the matron of honor) I'll have her wear a long dress? Love the dresses at this site... www.watters.com
Ehhh I think that's it!!!!!! For now at least. Jeez. 3 weeks of staying up late... and 6 hour/ day research... = just this much work!? Pathetic right?!?!
I just hope it's making sense. I'm working for a modern/ chic wedding!
OH yeah and umm.. so I went to the wedding store.. and tried on the Vera Wang dress I plan to get.... LOL...
Gorgeous right?!?! EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT I LOOKED LIKE A FREAKING MUFFIN!!!
Omg. =( I seriously have to lose the weight and PRONTO! LOl. I refuse to look at any other dresses...
lol I wish you girls could've seen my face.. PURE EMBARRASSMENT!! I tried it on... for like... 2 seconds.. lol.. then threw it off LOL.
Not stepping back into the store until I lose at least 30 pounds. YUP!!
Conclusion: Fred (My besty) and I are starting his diet tomorrow.. It's called the SLOW CARB DIET. LOL. Apparently I'm not allowed to have any rice, flour, bread, sugar, etc.etc.etc.
rofl. we'll see how that goes.
OH YES. I KNOW. IT'S BAD TO CUT OUT CARBS. AND YES. IT'S BAD TO GO ON A HARDCORE DIET. PLEASEEEEEEE save me the diet lectures though =( I've done them enough to know. LOL but at this point I'm willing to do whatever with whomever! =]
Our goal for the week= -4 pounds!!
Okkkk girls till next time!!!!!
p.s. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE CONGRATULATION COMMENTS! It warms my heart to know how many people are sharing this moment with me! Because in all honesty, I really haven't shared it with many! I truly adore all of you!!